Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3rd
Last week I saw the first video presentations made by my students, and I must confess that I quite liked them. The only disadvantage was that we could watch and respond to them only in class. Some presentations were very scientific, others rather informal, but all were very informative in content. I realised that to make an academic presentation interesting to watch is not an easy task. It depends not only on what you say, but how you say it. Anyway, I believe it is a good practice for my students. Besides, I created a new blog for this purpose, which could allow comments from student pairs. I am planning to transfer all presentations from the previous site to this one. I hope it will work. Also I was acqainted with a new tool for audio/ video material online- ANVILL. It seems rather impressive.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jurgita,
    Greetings from Nepal!!!
    It is very good idea to use video inside the classroom which make students more attentive towards their study. Likewise, it enhances the learner autonomy. Blogging is good idea to share and comment students' work. I also used it for my students.
    Thanking you.
    With Regards,
    Mukti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jurgita,

    I saw your blog and I really like it. It is very useful for students because they will be more creative and motivated, I am sure that some of them will even try to do it more than once. I also let students to make video presentation but in class. Then I give them back their video to evaluate himself / herself. Now we have blogs were we can put and share video or audio presentations which is easier. I really want to thank you cause you gave me a great idea.


    Thanks,
    Awsan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Awsan,
    I'm glad that this idea got your interest and had a positive impact on your classes. I hope we will never lack new ideas how to improve our teaching. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete