Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 25th

Last week I read some material on learner autonomy. This is a very important topic if you work with advanced students. Yet I realise that I have to experience learner autonomy personally before implementing it in my classes. There are so many restrictions in our educational institutions. Teachers and students have to learn together how to work autonomously. A good example is my project with a blog. The first student had to upload his video presentation and he didn't do it. I wonder why... Tomorrow I will have to find it out.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Vilnele,

    I'm sorry to hear of the restrictions you face in your setting. You said that teachers and learners need to learn together how to work autonomously. This is an interesting concept.

    In a setting with a lot of restrictions, I imagine teachers having to strive to find ways to be more autonomous. That can be challenging when a rigorous curriculum is already in place. For learners, it is crucial that they develop autonomy, this is something that they will carry with them forever.

    I love the concept of teachers and learners working on this together. Thanks for getting me thinking in a new direction.

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete