Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18th
Last week I started discussing with my students a new project of presentations online. The first reaction was quite sceptical- too much work. Yet it seems that I managed to convince them to give it a try. Actually I am a bit nervous because I don't know what to expect. Anyway, the first video presentation will appear next week and we will see the actually product of this idea.
Besides this week I created my interactive power point presentation on debates. Honestly, I am not quite  sure about its benefits yet. It would be nice to create some game on power point, though I didn't have much time for that yet.
I read different material about teachng big classes and was a bit relieved that I don't have to deal with this issue- a complete nonsence in teaching langauges. My greatest respect to those language teachers who have to work in classes of around 50 students and with no technical equipment! May God help them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vilnele,

    You mentioned not knowing what to expect regarding the outcome of your final project. This is always the case when we pilot something for the first time. One thing you can definitely count on, is that you will learn a great deal in the process.

    I think your project sounds incredible and that as you proceed forward your students will see the benefits, enjoy the process, and improve as a result. They just think it seems like a lot of work because it is completely new to them, but once they get used to it, they will be fine.

    I'm so excited about reading your final project report in a couple of weeks. I look forward to learning more about how it all worked out.

    Best!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jurgita
    Greetings from Nepal!

    I am agree with Courtney. when we are doing project or any kind of research, we only guess about the result. However, our guess may or may not be true. So that research findings are unable to predict. Anyway, research work makes us strong in our subject matter.
    I am sure you have started to change something in your class.
    Hoping to listen you very soon.

    Thanking you.
    With Regards,
    Mukti

    ReplyDelete